A perfect car is the product of the perfect process. Production at the BMW Group is highly automated and carried out using the most modern facilities. But it doesn’t run itself. To ensure that driving pleasure is built in from the beginning, means people working with passion and pride. Independently and as part of a motivated team, they perform extraordinary things every day and contribute to the fulfilling of automobile dreams.
The Materials and Automation Steer Analyst:
- Steers materials development, planning and monitoring of production materials quality.
- Develops and implements strategic initiatives along with improvement activities that affect quality.
- Supports process materials activities within corrosion, application and finish teams.
- Assists automation equipment launch, process start-up and optimization activities.
- Coordinates activities with material specialists to improve pass rate efficiency and quality improvement initiatives.
- Resolves supplier materials Quality issues (Color and Appearance).
- Manages material costs for Production Wastewater Treatment, Process, Materials.
- Supports material RFQ evaluations and supplier sourcing decisions.
- Steers supplier escalation topics through purchasing and laboratory.
- Interfaces with material suppliers to support improvements.
- Drives Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Action implementation.
- Facilitates product launches and strategic initiatives (by supporting automation programming teams).
- Involves strategic planning and development of materials strategy (Long Range Planning).
- Interfaces with central technology on materials topics.
- Coordinates materials product launches.
- Conducts feasibility studies and evaluations as given by Central Technologies and design team.
- Supports project work within their manufacturing areas, including, but not limited to: facelifts, new models, quality, LOP (List of Open Points) DMAIC (Problem Solving Tools) and supporting planning activities.
- Understands and models VPS (Value Added Production System) Principles and concepts of Standard Work and Problem Solving.
- Adheres to 5S and Safety Standards and Principles.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
BMW Manufacturing is a leader in innovations and excellence. Come be a part of the extraordinary advanced manufacturing team where new technologies and ideas are constantly being discovered and implemented.
BMW Manufacturing is proud to be located in Upstate, South Carolina at the foothills of the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains, providing the perfect mix of exciting city life and the great outdoors, or simply a great environment in which to raise a family.
In addition to offering a stimulating work environment and a great place to live, BMW Associates have access to an exceptional range of benefits. Our comprehensive benefits program includes:
- Medical, Dental, Prescription and Vision coverage
- Paid time off
- 401(k) plan with company matching contribution
- Retirement Income Account
- Life insurance
- BMW Associates Assistance Program
- Medical Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Company vehicle program
- BA/BS degree or the equivalent of 4 years professional experience in a Manufacturing or Project Support environment.
- 2+ years experience using process and product planning skills.
- 2+ years of project management experience. Paint Shop (preferred).
- 2+ years experience with industrial equipment
- 1+ years of related experience in a color technology environment (preferred).
- 2+ years knowledge and understanding of manufacturing processes.
- 2+ years leadership, project management and communication skills.
- 2+ years business administration skills such as planning, organizing, budgeting, etc. (preferred)
- 2+ years Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Project).
- 2+ years knowledge of solve problem solving and continuous improvement